The Data Protection Act 1998 has set guidelines which we adhere to when we collect and use any of your personal data which you have provided to us, or we have collected from you through our business relationship. Please read this policy so you fully understand what happens to your data when you provide it to us.
We may collect personal data from you when you complete forms on our website, or when you request further information from us via email, telephone or postal enquiry.
Should you become a client of Maple Quay Ltd then it may be necessary to collect further information from you in order to complete the project.
We use your data to:
- Answer any queries you have raised with us and provide you with further information on our products.
- Complete an agreed project with you.
- To notify you of any changes to our service or product pricing.
- To provide you with information about our business or services which we feel may be of interest to you, and this will only be done via electronic means (email or text).
We will not share your data with any third parties, with the exception of:
- Where you have agreed for us to acquire a domain name or hosting services on your behalf and we have to disclose your information for registration purposes.
- In circumstances where you request us to disclose data to an authorised person for the purposes of completing a project for you.
- Where we are required by law to disclose such information. Maple Quay Ltd is a registered company in England and Wales, and so is subject to English law. If we are required to disclose personal data by law, or if criminal actions necessitate us to lawfully disclose this, then we will do so without consent.
We will only ask for and hold onto the minimum amount of data necessary to complete the project on your behalf.
Access to your information
Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have several rights:
- To have any data we hold for you amended, rectified or removed from our database.
- To opt out of receiving any further marketing material from us in the future.
- To access information we hold about you. Any access request will be subject to an admin fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with this data.
To exercise your right for any of the points above please send your request to .
Storage of your data
We treat any data provided to Maple Quay Ltd with the greatest care, and within our own systems we have security measures in place to protect this data from unauthorised access and use. All data which we collect will be stored in the UK on our systems.
Our policy is not to unduly hold onto your data for an unreasonable period of time, and we have processes in place to remove you from our database after a specified time period has lapsed.
Some data collection is dependent on the internet for its transmission. Whilst we have built our web forms to be as robust as possible, we cannot ensure a safe and secure transit of data to our website, and transmission is done so at your own risk.
When using the internet to transmit data there is also the risk that your data will be processed through an area outside the UK and European Economic Area. We will put in place all steps to protect this data, however we cannot guarantee this. By submitting your data to us you agree to this.